playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] correct way to draw text over a GUI area  (Read 2050 times)

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
[SOLVED] correct way to draw text over a GUI area
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
I'm getting a bad headache trying to find how to draw a text (the value of a string variable) over a certain position of my GUI at the bottom of the screen.

I have a GUI Manager FSM that draws all the GUI elements of that area, in the correct sequence. To show the values of the many RTS variables (you know, money, iron, etc) I am using a "GUI Layout Begin Area" action to set the perfect position of my text box, then a "GUI Layout Box" with the text set to a global string variable, and finally a "GUI Layout End Area" to end.

The value of the variable appears correctly. But, both if I don't set any image (set to "none") and if I set a full transparent one, I always get a rounded semiopaque rectangle around my text (sounds like a system box...), of course with the dimensions set for the GUI layout box.

Now, how can I get my text without any visible (system) box? Is that one, perhaps, a style component that is set somewhere else? (...and my poor knowledge isn't yet aware of...)? In such case, how can I toggle it off either to set it the way I need? Of course, all my GUI graphic components are already drawn on the screen (previously in the same GUI Manager FSM), including the proper decorated area for that text.

EDIT:
I have to admit that I found myself rather lazy...
The solution was as simple as to properly set a GUI skin and then recall it with a "Set GUI Skin" action before the others.
Done.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:56:49 PM by santelia »