playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Game Jam 2019 - Sept Friday the 13th (Spooky)  (Read 5465 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Playmaker Game Jam 2019 - Sept Friday the 13th (Spooky)
« on: July 28, 2019, 01:25:46 AM »
You have asked for it. You have begged for it. You have cried for it. And it is finally here!

Playmaker Game Jam 2019!!! Join us starting Sept Friday the 13th (spooky) for a 72 hour Jam.

This is your time to shine (or least have some fun). Last years jam was awesome and we saw some really fun submissions. This is a great time to build skills, community and push yourself. Sign up early to avoid disappointment! Get all of the details here: https://itch.io/jam/playmaker2019

Peoples biggest game jam regret last year? Not joining the jam! We are open to all skills levels from beginner to expert.

Want to talk jam? Join our slack channel of friendly playmaker devs: https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Playmaker Game Jam 2019 - Sept Friday the 13th (Spooky)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 12:41:26 AM »
We are just 10 days away from Playmaker Game Jam 2019!!!!

We have prizes. Thank you to uModeler for donating a copy of uModeler for the winner!
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/umodeler-80868

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 03:38:41 AM »
Only 8 Days to Playmaker Game Jam 2019 !!! (Can you feel my excitement?). This game jam is for all of us playmaker users! Don't miss out!.

Not only that, but we have even more prizes. Thanks to our very own djaydino of Jinxter Games, you can win from the asset store, a copy of both:

Playmaker Samples: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/playmaker-samples-102446

Third Party Asset Actions for PlayMaker: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/third-party-asset-actions-for-playmaker-130245

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 07:21:39 PM »
Hi.
I will participate also this year with my kids, but if i would win on of my own donated assets, i will make sure that they will be given to some one else that participated as well :)

And i just want to say to anyone who reads this, don't be afraid to join!
Your games does not have to be a AAA game!
Its all about participation and creating ideas :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »
Hi,

I also would like to give it a go, but I maybe without getting prizes neither, tricky, not that I think I would do better, but it could be seen as rigged or something...

i think, I will give it a go, but submit it aside so that it doesn't go in the poll.

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »
Feel free to join using a pseudonym. Since you can make up any name for your itch account, no one will know it is you. :)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
Hi.
@ jean

I do think you should join and include in the poll as only the community will be the judges.
As it is also nice to see feedback of what you did :)

You can always give the prices to the next winner (or raffle or whatever)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 01:18:39 AM »
Hi,

uhm... I'll think about that.

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 04:55:36 AM »
We are now just 12 - 24 hours away from start time (depending on your timezone).

Start time is 7am Friday the 13th your own timezone! Therefore, it is not too late to join.

The theme(s) are now officially being announced.

1. Murphys Law.
2. Dark Miracles.

Before gamejam starts, you are welcome to install unity, open a new project and install playmaker as nessesary :)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 10:53:09 AM »
Hi Jammers,

We have come to the last day of Playmaker Game Jam 2019. A few tips to help make your end result go smoother.

You can choose 'submit your project', before you are 100% complete. Follow the steps to make a new game page on itch. You can setup the description, title, any pictures you want and more, BEFORE uploading your game. When you save the page, it will default to save as a draft. Think about getting your page ready early.

Leave a good description or instructions of game play on your itch game page. If there is a major bug or issue, don't be afraid to point it out (this will help users avoid frustrations).

Make a build now. Just do it. Even if you are not 100% done your game, try making a build to make sure it will work. Sometimes errors crop up during the build process. Again, don't wait till the very last minute to find this out.

Gather together your list of any (free/open source) third party assets you used. You will need to give this list when you make your final submission. Its helpful to have it together early. Failure to submit this list, will result in a ban from the game jam. Period.

Zip your built game folder into a zip for upload. This is the easiest way to upload a game to Itch. Zip is preferred over RAR for maximum compatibility with end-users. Itch has a max size of 500 MB.

Once Game Jam is complete, remember to leave time this week to play and score other users games. Please score AT LEAST five other peoples games. The same is expected of other people, otherwise, no one will get any reviews!

Good luck with your last day and see you on the other side!

Sincerely,

Eric Vander Wal
Dumb Game Dev / TCMeric
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:55:03 AM by tcmeric »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »
Hi, i was looking how to set not to draft and ran out of time

Here is the link to the project but it is still in draft at the moment

https://jinxtergames.itch.io/mr-murphy?secret=ToalOjrxNACHaGOob6EazYbW7w

can i still be included?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi i found it now :

https://jinxtergames.itch.io/mr-murphy

i hope i can still participate :D

even if i win i will give to the next winner, just want some feedback on it, so its not for nothing :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:39:31 PM by djaydino »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 12:36:45 AM »
2019 Game Jammers,

If you have finished your Jam Game (or didnt finish but want to still want to submit), and you have passed your deadline. Please email me at eric_vanderwal@hotmail.com for assistance

A few Jammers each year miss the final deadline due to technical issues, such as having the game in draft mode. (Or the timezone being incorrect).

If you still want to submit, please upload your game to itch as you would normally. Make sure it is not published in draft mode.

Send me an email with the link to the game. Lets get this sorted ASAP!

Sincerely,
Eric

PS, extended the game jam submission time. It is once again open on the itch page for anyone who still needs it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:43:27 AM by tcmeric »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:54 AM »
Hi.
Thanks, i got mine submitted now :)