playMaker

Author Topic: After unpausing child has different rotation to parent  (Read 857 times)

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
After unpausing child has different rotation to parent
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:33:01 AM »
Hi all,

Posting here to see if anyone might have some insight.

I have a character with the gun art parented to a character's hand bone. Upon unpausing the game, sometimes the gun art will be facing a different way to the character (Like its last facing position). Its parented and not getting values to change rotation or position.

I feel like this may be an issue with the animation/rig receiving information at a different point of time to the parent and not updating, but that's me guessing.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing a child on a bone not to update position/rotation from unpausing?

Thanks for your time,

Josh 

daniellogin

Re: After unpausing child has different rotation to parent
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:57:05 AM »
Check it's position and rotation when it's gong right and wrong and compare them. It doesn't sound right at all because even disabled it will still have it's position and rotation relative to the parent.

You have checked that it always work right when enabled, right? I mean some explanations would include that it's actually parented to the wrong object, and so just the animation itself is putting it in the wrong place.