playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayList Create/Reference [SOLVED]  (Read 2754 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
ArrayList Create/Reference [SOLVED]
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »
Hi,

I have a game object with one ArrayList in it.  

During the game I create a second ArrayList on the same object.  

When I create the second ArrayList I'm allowed to input a Reference name for it, to distinguish it from the first ArrayList.  However the first ArrayList remains unnamed, and I know if I manually enter a name for it during authoring, the Reference field is automatically deleted because the program detects that it's the only ArrayList present at that time.

Will this cause me issues in the future?  Can I leave it blank and count on ArrayMaker to find the proper ArrayList?  

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:29:40 PM by artician »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayList Create/Reference
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:41:26 AM »
Hi,

I don't intentionally delete the reference if there is only one array. So I am not sure about what's happening on your end. It's perfectly acceptable to type a reference on a sole arrayList in a gameobject.

Can you try again, if not, can you make a screencast? I can't repro this at all.

bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
Hi,

I just now have time to come back to this and make a proper example.  Here's a screencast of the issue:
http://www.creathcarter.com/site_media/casts/arrays.html

This happens on any ArrayListProxy component that is the only one on the given GameObject.  If there are two or more ArrayListProxy components present on the GameObject, the issue doesn't occur.

Quick question: Have there been any updates to the ArrayMaker files since your initial release?  Or is it regularly included/updated with newer versions of PlayMaker?  I have the latest PlayMaker, but just wondering if there is something else I can try.

Thanks for your help!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »
Hi,

ok, I don't experience this here. So it's likely an action or something that reset the Component somehow. Pm me if you can share the project so I can properly debug it.

ArrayMaker is not maintained by Hutongs officialy, it's my own little contribution to PlayMaker, so it's not updated/included with PlayMaker.

Yes, there was a lot of release since the first arrayMaker Package, so simply grab it again from the wiki page ( BUT BE CAREFULL, I CHANGED THE FILE ORGANIZATION, SO BACK UP YOUR PROJECT BEFORE)

bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Re: ArrayList Create/Reference [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »
I got this working.

It seems the recent issue I encountered with the new version of ArrayMaker was caused by having residual ArrayList Proxies in the scene (probably because they were created with the older version of ArrayMaker).  I deleted all ArrayList Proxies in the scene and recreated those being used, and all issues cleared up.

So, to be clear, I'd say this was an issue with an older version of ArrayMaker, and all issues were resolved by updating.

Thanks for your support with this!