playMaker

Author Topic: Keep Scene information Alive  (Read 1126 times)

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
Keep Scene information Alive
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:24:47 AM »
Hi all, I have incidents in my game where I go from the main scene to some much smaller ones that only occur one at a time. Is it possible to get the main scene to stay loaded so that the information of where items and their state are remain where they were when switching to the smaller scene? The problem is that using do not destroy on load doesn't as far as I know possibly apply to entire scenes, and in return does not stop the game loading a fresh version of the scene rather than just re-activating it. Thankyou for any help! :)

colpolstudios

Re: Keep Scene information Alive
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:59:58 AM »
Could you copy all the play action of the small scenes and recreate them in the main scene?

Then simply move the camera to the area of interest.

Each area would only be activated when the camera is looking at the current area.

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
I am generally inexperienced at anything other than using prescribed methods, I wouldn't know how to go about that, although the idea sounds interesting, as in staying on the main level and having the branches as game objects I could activate/deactivate...? I'm thinking this could be a way, unless anyone knows any better? The problem is that I'm using the Fungus asset in a lot of these branches, I'll have a look and get back to you :)

colpolstudios

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:18:57 PM »
I'd never known about Fungus asset.

Looks interesting.

As I am not an experienced user you should wait for a more detailed reply.

Sorry that I could not help.

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 02:38:13 AM »
Hey that's okay, thanks for trying  ;)