playMaker

Author Topic: How to change Animator speed per Layer or per State ?  (Read 1699 times)

Stain Corb

• Junior Playmaker
How to change Animator speed per Layer or per State ?
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:31:06 PM »
Hello, I am trying to interact with a plant using 4 different layers.

1-Main Plant body (Grey)
2-Fruit Segment A (Red)
3-Fruit Segment B (Green)
4-Fruit Segment C (Blue)

Each part has to interact separately, and I have managed to do it except for speed animations. I am using 0 speed to stop animator from playing segments, but if I interact on the main body part or any other segments the speed set to Zero screws with all other layer speeds.

I read someone with the same problem in 2014 but looks like he was never able to solve this.

At the moment it will force speed on the entire Animator, this is not useful to me.

Is there a way to force 0 speed on and off on just an animator layer or just on the specific state? I would like to have it work on a state, but layer could work also.

Stain Corb

• Junior Playmaker
Re: How to change Animator speed per Layer or per State ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »

This is a video showing the problem, hands are just a proxy at the moment.
What you are looking at are all the rigid bodies, no plant mesh.

I still need to figure out how to change speed per layer or per State?, is this possible trough PlayMaker?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 05:01:02 AM »

Stain Corb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but I can't find this option anywhere, It looks like an Animation component, but I just can't find it in unity.

I am going to think over these days if I should limit my playable TeckDemo to what I can manage with PlayMaker or give up and create everything as an animated video reference.

I'm tired of spending years trying to build this thing, I am a visual guy, I want to have a visual reference, but coding is not a skill I have, and frustration is sloally killing me.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 06:15:35 AM »
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TimelineAnimationClipProperties.html
It's in the Animator window. You've got two tabs on the left, one for Layers, another for Parameters. The later are exposed and changeable through Playmaker.
Unfortunately with Unity, if you're not ready to get a subscription to Google Search Magazine and absorb the Unity doc like if it were the best book ever, you're not going to get anywhere and will probably want to throw yourself over a bridge while drunken or something. :)

Stain Corb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »
Yeah never mind still can't find it, feels like my unity is incomplete or bugged.

Going to reinstall maybe I can find a solution.

Also wanted to mention Frustration comes from trying to program for so many years unsuccessfully, Playmaker, on the other hand, has inspired me in not giving up  ;D

I may simplify what I am trying to do (kill individual speed mechanics) and use it in a whole as I can get that working successfully, I also need to add in my character and make it interact with the plant with IKs etc... so I need to work fast learn fast and not get over my head, Its just a teck demo anyways.

Also with PlayMaker I was able to code something in 3 days that I was not capable of doing in a years time :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 01:29:48 AM »
Hi,

reinstalling Unity is unlikely to improve the situation. Even with years of experience, you still have a love/hate relationship with such complex software like Unity, keep asking, reading doc, searching the web for answers/tricks/solutions, that's the only way... :)

Mecanim is a tricky beast when you want to squeeze the last 10% percent of your gameplay that is not traditional. If you find something that works like you want, but in pure c# code, let me know, and I'll see if I can port it to PlayMaker.

also, thanks for your comments on PlayMaker, don't forget to leave a review if you haven't already, it goes a long way when people give feedback, it helps a lot.

Bye,

Jean