playMaker

Author Topic: Is that possible what I'm going to do? !!!!!  (Read 1235 times)

Silicon Power

Is that possible what I'm going to do? !!!!!
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
Hey guys. I want to do something I'm not sure if it's possible or not. I have some materials and 3d models in a folder inside my project folders. I need to show all those materials and 3d models on a UI panel or something like that and then palyer can choose a material and assign that to an object while game is running! is that possible?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:13:41 AM by Silicon Power »

daniellogin

Re: Is that possible what I'm going to do? !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 01:13:21 AM »
YES : Possible

But maybe not in the way you have in mind

I don't think that you can simply read what is in your library to add to a 'list' in the scene. I'm not the best around these ways though, so if you are really set on that you can see if anyone else can confirm.

However what is very possible is to simply create the list yourself. As in, you one by one create icons or some other UI for the player to look through, and then when they select you simply apply that (Set Material (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W104), or what ever).

For example I have a project where you can customise your avatar a bit. You can set their body material, another material for their face expression, and also choose to add a hat object. The games doesn't get told; 'let them pick what is in the library', instead I have it goes like this:

* Waits for input
* Right adds to the int (left does a negative add)
* Compares the int
* Transitions to a state based on the int comparison
* Each possibility has it's own action, and so I directly choose what happens then. So do a Set Material, or for the hat, I activate the object, etc.

In my example there are no icons for each option. Instead you simply just see the changes appear on the avatar.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:20:09 AM by daniellogin »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 02:05:50 AM »
Hi,

I would suggest you study the me face sample available on the ecosystem.

Bye,

Jean

Silicon Power

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:34:39 AM »
Thanks guys :) Very useful info.