playMaker

Author Topic: Setting a texture (across FSMs)  (Read 1904 times)

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
Setting a texture (across FSMs)
« on: November 03, 2019, 09:25:23 PM »
Hello all; I'm currently trying to work on an RPG like game using playmaker. I'm currently starting to build the beginning of a target system so that I can then begin the combat system. The problem is that I can't seem to set a texture using a variable. The goal is that when a monster is selected that this will feed information into the targeting system to be displayed.

It doesn't even work when it uses the owner as the set texture but I really need it to be set from different MSMS so that I can separate the target from the targeting manager. What I'd like it to do is a display this texture of the targets head every time the target is selected and the same for if a different target is selected.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:46:25 PM by Amy »

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Setting a texture.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:25:55 PM »
Targeting Manager

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Setting a texture.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 09:26:28 PM »
Using Owner

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Setting a texture (across FSMs)
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
Hi.
I think you are sending the event before you are setting the image.

You should place the 'Set Fsm Texture' above the 'Send Event'

Also you might want to set Action Sequence (Right click in state window to select)

or make another state to send the event to be sure that the texture is set before send event is triggered

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 01:14:50 AM »
Hey djaydino! I tried making a separate state just to set the texture beforehand but still no luck.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:16:35 AM by Amy »

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 01:21:03 AM »
The first image is me trying to use a global variable to set the picture/texture but it not working. The second is me forcing the image manually. This is what I want it to look like but be controlled by a variable so that it can be changed depending on who ever the player selects. The last picture is the new set texture state I put before sending the event.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:43:21 AM by Amy »