playMaker

Author Topic: Curve Float not generating correct results?!?!  (Read 3125 times)

Rexx

• Playmaker Newbie
Curve Float not generating correct results?!?!
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
So am I just not understanding how to use the curve float?

Am I wrong in thinking that these 2 situation should produce the exact opposite results?  I want to make a curve that inverts the values from the first one, but no matter how I arrange the numbers I cant get it to do it.  It keeps giving a messed up of version of the output.

Curve Float 1

Float Variable = "Size Internal"
From Value = 0
To Value = 1
Anim Curve = "A linear curve from 0 to 1"
Calculation = "Multiply Value"
Time = 5
Speed = None
Delay = None
Ignore Curve Offset = false
Real Time = false

Curve Float 2

Float Variable = "Size Internal"
From Value = 1
To Value = 0
Anim Curve = "A linear curve from 0 to 1"
Calculation = "Multiply Value"
Time = 5
Speed = None
Delay = None
Ignore Curve Offset = false
Real Time = false

I've just swapped the from and to value and left everything else the same.  The only problem is that when I run the second one, I get a curve that starts at a value of 0 and bows up for a bit and sinks to 0 again.  I must have the idea on how to use this wrong.  I just want to invert the value curve from the first one.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Curve Float not generating correct results?!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »
Hi,

could you share a package with this and I'll have a look,

bye,

Jean

Mr-Brett

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Not very technical Artist
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
I just wanted to add to this admittedly old topic that I've had problems with curve float too.

I wanted a transition from a variable set to 60, to a variable set to 30 and was storing the curve float in a global variable. No matter what curve I tried or what type of calculation, time or speed I could only get it to go to up 90 rather than down from 60 to 30.

I used the same settings (well as a close as possible) in an ease float and it works fine. I don't really need a curve for what I want but I thought I should mention this irregularity.

Ticked_Off_Pixel

• Playmaker Newbie
    • http://happystar-adventures.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
Hello Playmaker Crew!

I'm having the same difficulties with Curve Float. No matter how i tweak it's properties, I never get a result even close to what I need.

Maybe you could make a tutorial or something.

Thanks!

SamH

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »
I'm also having very unreliable results with curve float.
1. It always animates my float in a very linear way, ignoring my curve entirely (even a simple ease in east out with only 2 keys, start and end).

2. It never ends on the value I specify in my 'To' field. Each time it runs my float ends on a different value. I'm not using any variables- I'm directly specifying the start and To values just to keep it simple. This happens no matter the 'Calculation' Method I use,  'none' or 'add to value'. 

Not sure if there are some bugs with it, or if I'm just misunderstanding how to use it.