playMaker

Author Topic: Writing to online for 'cloud' vars?  (Read 929 times)

daniellogin

Writing to online for 'cloud' vars?
« on: January 03, 2020, 04:29:40 AM »
I'm making a simple program as a tool (for my own use only*) using Unity and PM (because I can't program). I want to be able to open the program anywhere and continue on with the same vars. And only simple stuff too, like and Int or Float (not even objects).

I can take these vars from an online source, such as TXT, no problem. But is anything built in to PM that will let me write to a TXT? Or what about some kind of script of third party asset?

I know I need a hosted domain (already have it). I know about FTP access details and all that (like when I set up FileZilla so I can upload, etc). So yeah, just asking how I can use Unity/PM to write numbers to a TXT to have continuity between different places the program is opened.

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
Re: Writing to online for 'cloud' vars?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 10:00:56 AM »
Datamaker can read/write xml files. Everything is a string, but it should be easy to parse into a playmaker array, or any other variables.

daniellogin

Re: Writing to online for 'cloud' vars?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »
Datamaker can read/write xml files. Everything is a string, but it should be easy to parse into a playmaker array, or any other variables.
Thanks. I'll try looking in to Datamaker.