playMaker

Author Topic: List of events and FSMs and the whole enchilada  (Read 1102 times)

abend

• Playmaker Newbie
List of events and FSMs and the whole enchilada
« on: January 09, 2020, 11:18:05 PM »
I have a global event I call broadcast all on, is there any way to get a list of FSMs/States that contain the stuff waiting on that call? even if it's a document outside of unity. Just something I can search.

abend

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: List of events and FSMs and the whole enchilada
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »
Right clicking an event in the events browser will give you a list of all FSMs that use that event, global or not. I don't know if I can get a spreadsheet or get this in any format, but it's a start.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 04:14:26 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatly, there is no higher level of listing.

Bye,

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 08:29:08 AM »
I have a global event I call broadcast all on, is there any way to get a list of FSMs/States that contain the stuff waiting on that call? even if it's a document outside of unity. Just something I can search.

The only way I know of that allows you to collect some kind of information is to look for that Global event in the Events Browser tab and do right-click on it. That's not the tab in the Graph View but a separate window you can dock. It's quite useful although it needs some updates and more functions to be truly exceptional in terms of usefulness.
It will not exactly tell you how the event is exactly used in each FSM but will give you a list of the Game Objects that actually have FSMs listing it.
This because for "broadcast all" to work, FSMs also need an instance of that Global event themselves. Then you'll have to go through each FSM; unless you're dealing with instances of a prefab, in which case make the modification on the prefab directly and see if all instances have applied the changes, which you can force from within the FSMs with a "revert all".

Edit: Oops, didn't see your second post.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:30:56 AM by Broken Stylus »