playMaker

Author Topic: Finding the gameobject with the error [URGENT]  (Read 997 times)

IIKII

• Lonely developer
    • Patreon
Finding the gameobject with the error [URGENT]
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »
Hi, I think I asked this before but couldn't get a clear answer.

In my console, there are errors but when I clicked on them, it doesn't bring me to the gameobject with the error.

What is wrong? and how do I find the gameobject with error?

For example this error
Error Loading Action: des : HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SetBoolValue : everyFrame
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex

Is it the problem with the action itself? I don't understand but the game runs fine.
Support me on Patreon for free adventure games and development insights - https://www.patreon.com/koexstudio

Athin

Re: Finding the gameobject with the error [URGENT]
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 12:29:42 AM »
Heya,

Looks like you have an array error somewhere with Bool values?  Check the arrays you are using when this error happens and use break  points to help narrow down where the exact issue is happening.

If I had to guess, you got an array value somewhere that isn't matching up or doing what its meant to.

Side note: Just because the game looks like it runs fine after errors doesn't mean it does ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Finding the gameobject with the error [URGENT]
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Hi,

no, it's not the action, it seems to be a problem with the unity asset serialization itself and how playmaker gets serialized.

-Are you using a repository system like github or Unity collab?

-Are you editing an instance of a prefab?

Bye,

Jean