playMaker

Author Topic: Animation Workflow (I must be missing something)  (Read 992 times)

sawgate

• Playmaker Newbie
Animation Workflow (I must be missing something)
« on: January 22, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »
Hello, I recently got into playmaker, in order to program the behavior of some bosses of my game.

So far I have been enjoying it, but there is something with the animation workflow that I don't get.

From my understanding animations need to be set as "legacy" but this takes away the ability to preview them with the unity animator in scene mode.

So what's the propper workflow to make and integrate animations? Because right now what I am doing is something like:

Create animation -> set legacy -> Make playmaker "Play animation" -> Decide that needs tweaking somewhere -> take animation off "legacy mode" ->try to preview it again -> now nothing seem  to work properly -> delete animation -> start over

I feel like I am missing something really simple somewhere, could someone help me?

Thanks in advance! Other than this issue (and the fact that running parallel functions is not that easy), I am really loving Playmaker.

EDIT: I don't know how relevant this is but the particular animation I am trying to play sets the sprite of a child object.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:43:43 PM by sawgate »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Animation Workflow (I must be missing something)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:41:39 AM »
Hi,

legacy animation works with "Play Animation" action, Mecanim/animator animations works only with the related actions such as "Set Animator Float" for example. You control your animation via the Animator Controller Exposed Parameters.

Bye,

Jean