playMaker

Author Topic: How does this site know my Hutonggames email ?  (Read 1473 times)

heavygunner

How does this site know my Hutonggames email ?
« on: February 03, 2020, 04:37:08 AM »
Hello !

I found this website on ProductHunt. When i registered with my email, It showed 204 sites where I used my name and email. After few hours, it went to 800+ .

https://saymineapp.com/  :-\

You can see it is showing I joined PM forum on September. (I am not blaming PM owners  :P )

I am really shocked. How does this website know that i used my email on fellow sites? It showed everything. User data may visible , if a site got hacked or owner sold data.

My doubt is how 800+ sites listed by this site? There is noway that all of these sites hacker or data sold. How it is even possible?

It even listed the Bank names where I used the email for Net banking.

Anybody explain ?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:56:40 AM by heavygunner »

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
Re: How does this site know my Hutonggames email ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:35:59 AM »
::) I guess you gave them permission to read your email…???

What actually happens when you register for our services?

Since your digital footprint is almost entirely reflected in your email inbox, Mine developed a non-intrusive technology that reconstructs your footprint. Upon registration to our services you will be asked to provide us with permission to connect to your email inbox by using certain features (such as a “connect with Google” or “connect with Hotmail” feature), which enables us to scan the subject lines and metadata of your email inbox.

saymine(dot)com/privacy-policy

I mean if someone claimed to be a psychic and told me personal stuff about myself, it MIGHT be spooky if I hadn't given them a key to my apartment and allowed them to rummage through all my correspondence and belongings first.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:19 AM »
Hi.
For starters you need to give access to your google account/email on this 'Mine'

Which means it will crawl thru your history, even when you delete stuff it is still in googles database.
so for example for hutong you will have received a mail confirming the registration. it probably search through your email (on the google server) for the oldests mails + if it has a 'registration' text.

heavygunner

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:43:45 AM »
LOL !

Never mind. I even confused my friends and they pissed off  ;D ;D ;D

I really don't care abt the permissions when I sign up.

Thank you.  ;D