playMaker

Author Topic: VERY ANNOYING - Keep getting forced to scene window when editing states  (Read 1621 times)

gaurangd

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello!

Having a problem that whenever I try to update anything in a state window in the play maker editor, Unity pushes me to the scene window automatically and without my input. This seems to be happening after ~1 second of any input in the state editor (ex. typing random numbers or letters in a field). This was a consistent problem throughout all my scenes. Problem not occurring when editing events, variables, or accessing any other window in unity. Only in state editor window.

I power cycled Unity hoping that would fix it and it did for a few minutes. Then, out of nowhere, the same problem has now reappeared. Please anyone help!!!

gaurangd

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: VERY ANNOYING - Keep getting forced to scene window when editing states
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 04:32:13 PM »
Update - issue seems to have fixed itself. I continued to work and had to type one letter at a time when editing my states. After about 10 minutes of working that way - now I can freely type and edit my states. Hopefully the problem does not come up again!

TerraImagina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »
Hi,
I think it occur when the "global variable"window is open. At least it was the problem for me.

gaurangd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 06:16:24 PM »
@TerraImagina that seems to have done the trick! Although last time when the problem seemed to be fix I still had the global variables window open. Either way will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 08:19:14 PM »
I came across the same issue, not sure how it resolved itself.

gregacuna

Me and one dev friend both faced this issue and it was immediately fixed when the Global Variables window was closed. Wonder if this bug has been reported to Hutong? It is annoying especially when one needs to be referring to the Globals while working on FSMs.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

yes, I think this bug is reported. I'll ping Alex to make sure he's aware of it and put on top of the stack if possible.

Bye,

Jean