playMaker

Author Topic: Simple question about Photon Transform-View [SOLVED]  (Read 2543 times)

Bipolar

• Junior Playmaker
Simple question about Photon Transform-View [SOLVED]
« on: February 11, 2020, 07:41:58 AM »
Hi.

I just want to know if Photon transform-view for PUN 2 can only be used for Player.
I saw the third tutorial of tcmeric, but I am now following the PUN 1 tutorials above the fourth because apparently tcmeric is too busy to continue the series about PUN.

The fourth about PUN 1 I was watching, tells about sync bullets.
But, again, it is PUN 1, so it could be better adding a Photon transform-view to the bullet and then add a PUN instantiate, or the sync method for PUN 1 is still valid?
What about using raycasts with PUN 2? Most of the bullets I made is no rigid body-based.

Here's the tutorial.

EDIT: The two players with the transform-view move together when there is an input. Is it normal?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 03:53:23 PM by Bipolar »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Simple question about Photon Transform-View
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:36:46 AM »
Hi,

pun v2 is really just the same as pun classic, only that under the hood there was a lot of cleanup, so technics from Pun classic still apply largely to v2 really.

in the video, what you see is the two clients, and so player controlled in the editor is moving on the second client, I don't see anything odd there, that's how it's supposed to work.

same with raycast, there isn't anything different in the way you need to think your system between classic and v2.

Bye,

Jean

Bipolar

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Simple question about Photon Transform-View
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 03:57:16 PM »
Hi,

pun v2 is really just the same as pun classic, only that under the hood there was a lot of cleanup, so technics from Pun classic still apply largely to v2 really.

in the video, what you see is the two clients, and so player controlled in the editor is moving on the second client, I don't see anything odd there, that's how it's supposed to work.

same with raycast, there isn't anything different in the way you need to think your system between classic and v2.

Bye,

Jean

Hi. I did it.
But I realized that the method to connect the master is different compared to PUN 1 (that doesn't work in PUN 2). Except for this, are there other differences?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Simple question about Photon Transform-View [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 05:55:55 AM »
Hi,

it works the same, but v2 doesn't automatically connect to the lobby, that's all.

All diffs are listed here:

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/getting-started/migration-notes

Bye,

Jean