playMaker

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! PUN2 for PlayMaker  (Read 869 times)

mikeaillen

• Playmaker Newbie
PLEASE HELP! PUN2 for PlayMaker
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »
Help me to understand!
"Pun Connect To Master" Is this an obsolete method?
I was able to connect using the address "app-eu.exitgamescloud.com" and port 5055.
But for example, get Clound Region no longer works.

"Pun Connect Using Setting" Works - Great! But constantly jumping between two regions - this can divide friends - not good

And finally!
"Pun Connect to Region"
What is this all about? What to write in the "Region" field?
"string serverAddress, int port, string uniqueGameID)" - what is it? Where is it used? What for?

I beg you for help - with an extended answer!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PLEASE HELP! PUN2 for PlayMaker
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 01:34:25 AM »
Hi,

"Pun Connect To Master" is not obsolete.

What do you mean by "GetCloudRegion no longer works", what do you get as a result?

"Pun Connect Using Setting". you can force the region in the pun server settings. else, indeed it will pick up the closest region and if you are right in between two regions with approximatly the same ping, it will switch randomly. It's a problem when developing but not when deployed. If you have a low ccu, then you can create a white list of regions in your web dashboard for your app and only allow certain regions which can solve these region jumps.

"region" field: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/connection-and-authentication/regions

use the token value "eu" "us" etc.

leave the rest to none. if you are using the cloud, you don't need that, it's only when you are self hosting.

Bye,

Jean