playMaker

Author Topic: XML Get Next Node List Properties stuck - RESOLVED  (Read 896 times)

j7j7

• Playmaker Newbie
XML Get Next Node List Properties stuck - RESOLVED
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »
Im a new starter to playmaker and datamaker / unity, trying to work with files and data.

Ive got a CSV file with 5 columns of data, across 9 rows - including headers. Using the example code to pull in and convert to XML, gets stuck at the 'XML Get Next Node List Properties' stage.
It converts the CSV file to XML in memory ok - and when i look at the data looks good.

It doesnt appear to be getting the values populated in the Elements variables, that ive setup to injest the data into, and then therefore never goes onto the loop event.

Any ideas.
Attached screenshot

CSV File data...
PatternTimeline,PatternObjectType,ObjectX,ObjectY,ObjectZ
1,MetalBall_R,-2,5,30
1,MetalBall_L,-2,5,30
3,Barrier_T,-2,5,30
4,MetalBall_L,-2,5,30
5,MetalBall_R,2,5,30
6,MetalBall_R,2,5,30
7,MetalBall_R,2,5,30
8,MetalBall_R,2,5,30
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:24:51 AM by j7j7 »

j7j7

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: XML Get Next Node List Properties stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:24:18 AM »
Its resolved
Dont know why it was stuck completing the get node process.
I loaded the sample scene again, changed the input file, and values in that example, and then cut/paste into my scene, and it worked.
Very strange, but glad its now resolved.
Out of interest anyone know if there any limit to the size of the CSV/XML file to process?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: XML Get Next Node List Properties stuck - RESOLVED
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:27:28 AM »
Hi,

No limit really. I work on projects with xml files containing more than 100K lines! so go for it.

the key is not not query nor save xml during the game loop, parse everything at the beginning of the level, store what you need in lists, hashtables, fsm objects, etc and then during the pause menu or in such places save what has changed.

Bye,

Jean