playMaker

Author Topic: Items selected while panning/dragging  (Read 1021 times)

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
Items selected while panning/dragging
« on: March 16, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
I'm using "Drag Camera 2D" for pinch/drag. When I am zoomed in and drag the BG image with objects on it, the objects get selected, which I don't want, I only want them to be selected if they are tapped/(clicked) on.

I'm using Mouse Pick 2D event to select objects. Are there any specific settings there that I could change or any other actions that I could use?

Or is it better to add something to the script...?  :-\

Help much appreciated, thanks!
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Items selected while panning/dragging
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 04:55:48 AM »
Hi,

yes, I would use layermasks, have you tried that? if you assign different layers, you can then pick for a certain layer or ignore some.

Bye,

Jean

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 10:00:49 AM »
Hi Jean!

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did try to put them on a different layer, but maybe I did it wrong. This is what I did:

I put the items on a layer called Items. And then did the following setting in my Game Manager. See image.

The BG image I had on Default layer and I tried on a separate layer. I tried having the BG image as parent and the items as children. And I tried having the items separate from the BG image.

Is there something I have missed?

I also tried inverting the mask, the BG layer. But that didn't work either.
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 02:26:24 AM »
Hi,

I don't see your second pick action in the screenshots.

also, do you have several cameras? maybe the main camera is not the one that you expect to be?

Bye,

Jean