playMaker

Author Topic: Set Parent Won't work After Do Tween Move[SOLVED]  (Read 1209 times)

neteeyore@comcast.net

• Playmaker Newbie
Set Parent Won't work After Do Tween Move[SOLVED]
« on: March 17, 2020, 01:37:30 AM »
I can't figure out why when I put a set Parent before a Do Tween Move it works, but when I move it without changing any values after the Do Tween Move it does not.

Attached picture of the State and the actions. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:23:37 AM by djaydino »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Set Parent Won't work After Do Tween Move
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 04:41:28 AM »
Hi,

the two actions are totally separated and I doubt that the tween move is parenting anything.

It's likely a logical issue, maybe you are parenting to the wrong object? can you enable debug flow and check at runtime what is the exact value at the time of parenting?

Bye,

Jean

neteeyore@comcast.net

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
I would agree, I would expect these two items to be totally separate. 

I checked at runtime and the object it is trying to parent to is the same in both locations:  Attached one runtime pic with it before the do tween and one after. 

With the before, it actually parents to the object.  After the the do tween it doesn't.  I literally don't change any settings, I just move it after do tween.  It doesn't make sense.

neteeyore@comcast.net

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:03:28 PM »
Here is the After Pic

neteeyore@comcast.net

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »
Sadly I figured it out.  Sad because it was my lack of understanding.  There were two events being fired at very close to each other and that simple move was just enough time to cause the issue.