playMaker

Author Topic: Recurring Failure of 'Find Game Object'  (Read 1253 times)

beersy

• Playmaker Newbie
Recurring Failure of 'Find Game Object'
« on: April 07, 2020, 09:36:02 PM »
Hi there,
There seems to be an issue I cannot find the workaround for and I am stuck as to what to do. Find the game object isn't finding the active game object in the scene! This is the second instance that this issue has cropped up in my group project, a week or so ago a partner of mine while working in their own copy of the file experienced the same issue in a completely different fsm.

Some help or an explanation would be hugely appreciated, for context I am the one with the master file and our work is shared through source tree but the weirdest part is finding game object will find OTHER GAME OBJECTS in the same tag yet will refuse to find other ones. I tried deleting the game objects and duplicating ones that worked and got no results.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Recurring Failure of 'Find Game Object'
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 02:24:08 AM »
Hi,

FindGameObjects action uses the Unity api itself... so I doubt this would be something that can be fixed on our side.

can you give me a package of your scene so that I can reproduce this bug locally?

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:42:20 AM »
Hi.
How Are you Sharing your project, Unity Cloud (colaborate) / github /other?

beersy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »
Hi there everyone,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CReg3B63K3KWpyXNmPFidLCEf41NiC3e

Here is a link to all my playmaker packages I am using (I believe anyway, apologies if I missed anything.) A fair warning is that it is very unclear what will cause the failure of the find object API as it will work on objects and wont work on objects which share a tag. And at times the issue will happen on different tags at different times. There was two weeks of work or so between the two instances of it happening.

Also to answer the other question, I am using Sourcetree which is connected to bitbucket which is ran by... atlassian I think?

beersy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
Just checking in to see if anyone has any answers, I am also checking the unity forums for help. If it is for sure confirmed to not be a play maker issue I will be on my way.