playMaker

Author Topic: Would you like to "like" us on Facebook?  (Read 14626 times)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
Would you like to "like" us on Facebook?
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
UPDATE!!! We have reached 26 fans and are now:  http://www.facebook.com/HutongGames

I was so worried that I was going to accidentally register us as HutnogGames and then be hated by everyone... but all is well.  THANK YOU FOR LIKING HUTONG GAMES!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello!

Sorry to have to ask, but as we're stuck at only 22 Facebook fans, I'm taking desperate measures to poke at you lovely folks.

Hutong Games has a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Hutong-Games-LLC/163141367059519

It's been slow building and we've resorted to bribing friends and family members to "like" us!  But I figure since you like Playmaker you might just like Hutong Games too!

Once we hit 25 likes we can register for a shortened FB name as you can see, the above is quite long and unsightly and would like horrible on a business card ;-) we'd have to tell folks to please flip over the card to read the entire address!

We will be posting announcements, cool videos from folks like you who are using Playmaker, what conferences Hutong will be attending and fun stuff like that. We promise not to comment on your statuses,tag you in photos, or tell you what we had for lunch... (We'll leave that stuff for Twitter...  http://twitter.com/hutonggames/) :-)

Thanks so much!

Vanessa :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:22:59 PM by denkiva »

koen.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Would you like to "like" us on Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:19:06 AM »
Ding, you just hit 25  ;D

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »
Ding, you just hit 25  ;D

W00T!  You're absolutely rockin!

xoxo

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »
DING!  Level 28.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
DING!  Level 28.

Nice!  I love level 28! The kindness of the Playmker Forum hath overflowed... :-)  Thank you Murcho!

BilbyCoder

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »
Hi, I'm a programmer just converting to the school of node based awsome.

Loving playmaker so far, making my first game in it.  Already created two custom actions, one to get the velocity vector from the character controller, and one to get the magnitude of a vector (and thus the speed of a character based on the velocity vector of the character controller).  Will be posting both actions up here in just a moment.  (and if any of those exist, please tell me)

Everything is looking good so far, but I would suggest a forum section where custom actions can be posted, commented on and improved.

Here's to lots of open sharing.  We can make each other stronger!

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »
Hi, I'm a programmer just converting to the school of node based awsome.

Loving playmaker so far, making my first game in it.  Already created two custom actions, one to get the velocity vector from the character controller, and one to get the magnitude of a vector (and thus the speed of a character based on the velocity vector of the character controller).  Will be posting both actions up here in just a moment.  (and if any of those exist, please tell me)

Everything is looking good so far, but I would suggest a forum section where custom actions can be posted, commented on and improved.

Here's to lots of open sharing.  We can make each other stronger!

Great idea on the new forum section Bilby! Please make sure to report back on your game progress!  Let me get on that section now...

BilbyCoder

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
Note that my post should have been in the introduce yourself forum.  I got it wrong.  Somehow.

And I'm trying to implement this game:

http://www.lostgarden.com/2008/06/shade-game-design-challenge.html

And to return to the topic of this thread.... liked!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:18:49 PM by BilbyCoder »

Pleasuremaker

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:42:16 PM »
Liked and followed  :)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
Note that my post should have been in the introduce yourself forum.  I got it wrong.  Somehow.

And I'm trying to implement this game:

http://www.lostgarden.com/2008/06/shade-game-design-challenge.html

And to return to the topic of this thread.... liked!

Bilby did you post this in our showcase section??  and thank you for liking us!  :-)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
Liked and followed  :)

liked AND followed!   ;D  thank you!!! you ARE a pleasuremaker  ;)

BilbyCoder

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »

Bilby did you post this in our showcase section??  and thank you for liking us!  :-)

Not my work to showcase :)  There were for  a while there regular challenges and game prototypes put up on Lost Garden.  I'm implementing the idea, and possibly extending it.  But the article there and the original game concept aren't mine.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »

Not my work to showcase :)  There were for  a while there regular challenges and game prototypes put up on Lost Garden.  I'm implementing the idea, and possibly extending it.  But the article there and the original game concept aren't mine.

When you do implement the idea, we'd love to see your version of it! :-)