playMaker

Author Topic: Where do you get PlayMakerAnimatorStateSynchronize from?[SOLVED]  (Read 1425 times)

P3ndragonLLC

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello,

I'm trying to follow the videos to the integrate Animator Controller state using PlayMakerAnimatorStateSynchronize such as:

Where do I find it?  I have PlayMaker 1.9.0

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:56:48 PM by djaydino »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Where do you get PlayMakerAnimatorStateSynchronize from?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 01:24:48 AM »
Hi,

this is available from the Ecosystem browser: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/f/page?W1181

search for "Animator"

Bye,

Jean

P3ndragonLLC

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 03:06:00 AM »
Thanks!

When using Set Animator Trigger, I have an animator on the playmaker item so I Use Owner, or set the selected game object to the same object from the Hierarchy. Should I see my list of trigger parameters from the Animator Controller, or do I need to create local? 

I must be missing that step in the manual, but I thought I once saw it once populate from the AC, but now everytime I try it, I just get the tool to create parameters, but even though they match the name in the Parameters, it still doesn't trigger my event.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't tell what. (I've tested the trigger by clicking them during play and watching my event and animation run)

P3ndragonLLC

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
I did the setup again and didn't have the issue, everything is working great now, thanks!

iradit

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Where do you get PlayMakerAnimatorStateSynchronize from?[SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
Hi. I might be confused but I don't see it anymore on the ecosystem. Has it been included in a different way in Playmaker? Would it be "Sync Animator Bool To State" and same for other kinds of parameters?

I am currently setting an animator bool paramater to true in a FSM's state and False in the next (FINISHED event) to go back to my listener state.

Problem is it appears my parameter is staying to false as I go back straight away to my Listener state.

Ugly work around: add a wait .1s to let the animator read the bool(true). I feel the proper way of doing it would be with that Sync method I cannot mannage to apply.

Any comment on this?

Thanks

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
Hi.
Parameters on the animator tend to be slow, so if it happens in the same frame it does not work always.

I don't know if sync will be helpful either.

You will have better success with using the 'Animator Play' action.

iradit

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 03:38:44 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

It does seem cleaner using Animator Play.

However, doing so I endup losing my model's smooth transition from State 1 to State 2 (unless I am missing something).

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 05:23:04 PM »
Hi.
ah yes, sorry.
our project uses sprite animations.

in stead of a wait, you could try to use a Next Frame Event.