playMaker

Author Topic: Updating Unity and PlayMaker disappears?  (Read 749 times)

Malpraktice

• Playmaker Newbie
Updating Unity and PlayMaker disappears?
« on: May 04, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »
I've recently backed-up my project using the Unity Collaborate system and updated from 2019.2.8f1 to 2019.3.10f1. PlayMaker suddenly disappears from my project? I've seen this issue posted here with the suggestion to use the Ecosystem to update the PlayMaker Utils but I can't do this because even the PlayMaker Menu item has disappeared along the top menu item for Unity. So I can't access Add-Ons, Ecosystem! Imagine my surprise lol!

I tried to re-import and then install PlayMaker to resolve this but after the import there's nothing. There's still no PlayMaker menu item added at the top. So I can't select it to choose Add-Ons and select the Ecosystem. I've used the Ecosystem before and don't know any other way to access it otherwise? But I did see your suggestion about updating the PlayMaker Utils and want to try that.

Otherwise, how can I get PlayMaker back into my project in this newer version of Unity? Part of me wonders if I just start a new project in this new build, install PlayMaker fresh, import ALL the previous assets I had in my original project into this one, and then try to open the old scene in this new one, would that basically integrate PlayMaker again? Maybe?

Unfortunately, Unity Collab is erroring when I try to do a back-up from before opening the project in the newer version. So I can't seem to go back! Any help that would get PlayMaker to show up in this new build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Updating Unity and PlayMaker disappears?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:18:59 AM »
Hi,

do you have errors in the console? you must fix all errors before playmaker editor can be executed.

also, refrain from using Unity collab, this is not a stable system, prefer using GIT.

Bye,

Jean