playMaker

Author Topic: ShadowSamurai  (Read 4943 times)

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
ShadowSamurai
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
Hello, I'm showcasing my game early-build, ShadowSamurai, WIP

Its a Survival game, action oriented with a tactical mindset rendered in 2d, top down,  (hoping to become something more  Adventure/ Sandbox/ Mp down the line).

I´v streamlined the gameplay to the very basic showcasing a mini-game.  You have three days (ingame time = 6mt)  to kill as many enemies as you can. Hopefully I can convince some of you to try it and post your thoughts and overall experience.
Targeting PC, Mouse & Keyboard required

webplayer:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96722209/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html
have fun

using Unity Free +: Playmaker, 2DToolkit and 2DVolumetric Lights. It would be very hard to pull this off with other game engine besides Unity but it would be impossible without Playmaker ( not a single line of code has been butchered), Thanks.

PS: Hints/ Tips:
If you hit the left-Control your character will follow the cursor (always defaulting to walk);
Watch out for your stamina level, if it gets to zero you can only walk out of whatever situation you are (i.e won't be able to use your weapon or run);
Refresh page to re-play;
Although the game world is virtually infinite, there is nothing to find out there so don't wander off.

Andrew.Lukasik

• my twitter @andrewlukasik
Re: ShadowSamurai
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
You game looks very interesting. But I find it hard to play. I kind of don't know what do do and how to do it (and after I died i dont know how to start again). Changing it would make it a lot better!

Best,
A.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I felt the same, could not really figure out how to use it. I think you should have some tutorial and hints as the user starts for the first time, maybe a simple level to start with to learn the goal, functions etc etc as you play.

bye,

Jean

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
Sorry for the painful experience  ;D
Yes It needs a tut or at list a video introduction, specially since it departs a little from the usual scheme. And that's the main reason I put up the player up --> to test the controls. The game is still a prototype there's is no content, i´v just combine the minimum to make it playable. In this first form its just go around and kill as many  "shadows" you can in 3 days. (I`v  manage 92kills)

Its still rough, but if you can past the learning curve, would appreciate all the feedback I can get

On the Menu there's a "controls" button to access the layout, unfortunately I did not implement any way to  go back to menu or a re-start. You need to refresh the page to re-start the game.

Control:
Use the mouse to move around, click once or hold down (Diablo style) you can also toggle mouse by hitting left control (this makes the character follow your mouse pointer, and its the one I use most)
"Space" anytime stops the action/ moving, keep it down if you just want to move the pointer (to look around)
"A", and "D" are used to swing your katana Left or Right
You can equip the Bow, clicking the menu button (the 2º) and change from the default katana.
To shoot an arrow, press "X" once to arm the bow and "X again to release the arrow.

Thanks for taking the time.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:10:27 AM by Uttpd »