playMaker

Author Topic: json parsing error. object reference not set to an instance of an object [FIXED]  (Read 5521 times)

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I am getting this error lately very often when I want to search anything on ecosystem. I am using playmaker v1.9, unity 2019.1.14 and windows 10. It's happening very often, specially when I need something urgent, like speech recognition actions now. I tried on github to get those actions, but it's throwing some other errors, so ecosystem should work. I tried enabling beta, still nothing.

Is there a fix for this error?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 09:56:32 AM by Alex Chouls »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
What are the 'other' errors

its possible you need to get latest 'PlayMaker Utils' as well.

Jean is aware of the issue and trying to solve the issue.

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello,

I am writing again on this topic because for me it throws the same errors with playmaker v1.9, nothing works to search on ecosystem. I have the same error with a fresh project Unity 2019.3.15.f1 , Json parsing error.
In the console it says  Assets\net.fabrejean\Editor\PlayMaker\Ecosystem\EcosystemBrowser.cs(2645,16): warning CS0414: The field 'EcosystemBrowser._searchParsed' is assigned but its value is never used.
I have imported Playmaker Utilities folder in my project, tried with beta, nothing works.
When I search for audio, for example, I have this warning http://www.fabrejean.net/projects/playmaker_ecosystem/search/audio?content_type_mask=&repository_mask=U3U4U5U2017U2018U2019&EcosystemVersion=0.6.8&UnityVersion=2019.3.15f1&PlayMakerVersion=1.9.0.p20
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object).

Please, any help on this topic. Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

I am on this, haven't figured out yet why the ecosystem works on some projects and not on others...

Bye,

Jean

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I have an update on this. Ecosystem works if I donwngrade its version, let s say 0.6.6, it doesn work only with latest version, 0.6.8.
So, with an older version it works to download custom actions, but doesn t work with packages, for example I wanted to download speechregonition package. It s stuck at downloading information. In the console I have
missing uid for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U2018/master/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/Custom%20Packages/Audio/SpeechRecognition.unitypackage
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
or
ProceedWithImport for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U2018/master/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/Custom%20Packages/Audio/SpeechRecognition.package.txt?uid=3 {
"__ECO__":"__PACKAGE__",

Any idea if I can do something to fix this?

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

I am this, Unity is capricious, unity hub is very buggy, I can't create a new project using 2019.3.15f1 that I just installed... trying to fix this first.

I'll get back to you with my findings.

Bye,

Jean

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi, I know you said to wait for your response. I really need the speech recognition package from the ecosystem which now doesn t download. Is there a way to have it from other place and to work? I found some packages on github, but not this one.

Thanks.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
If you click on preview it will bring you to the github page (see sample image)

For a package it will open the text file that is used to get file info etc.
Click on the last part like on the picture (to go up a folder)

Then it should look something like this :

Select the file with the .unityPackage extension.

Then click download.

Then open the file while your project is active to install in your project.

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
I ll give it a try, thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

this is really odd, I can't repro:

Bye,

Jean

Peeter1978

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: json parsing error. object reference not set to an instance of an object
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 03:40:30 AM »
Hi,
I started getting this error message since yesterday. Searching for a solution led me to this page. As I understand there isn't much I can do beside posting there and hoping Jean will notice it...
Cheers,
Peeter

Samuel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2021, 06:54:17 AM »
Hi,

I have an update on this. Ecosystem works if I donwngrade its version, let s say 0.6.6, it doesn work only with latest version, 0.6.8.
So, with an older version it works to download custom actions, but doesn t work with packages, for example I wanted to download speechregonition package. It s stuck at downloading information. In the console I have
missing uid for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U2018/master/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/Custom%20Packages/Audio/SpeechRecognition.unitypackage
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
or
ProceedWithImport for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U2018/master/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/Custom%20Packages/Audio/SpeechRecognition.package.txt?uid=3 {
"__ECO__":"__PACKAGE__",

Any idea if I can do something to fix this?

Thanks.
Hi I cant find downgraded version of ecosystem can you help me out thanks :)

jeremyPaggers

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2021, 08:19:09 AM »
Hi Guys,
This is crazy. I've just installed the latest version of Unity, started a brand new project and installed the latest version of PlayMaker, and I get the same error message. I cannot use the Ecosystem. I'm trying to use the PUN package. Couldn't get it from the Ecosystem, so I downloaded it manually from the PLayMaker website, only to have 30 or 40 critical errors pop up.

This is extremely disappointing.

Please help.

Thanks

Peeter1978

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2021, 12:24:19 PM »
Yep, there's something wrong with Ecosystem and I recon we all just have to wait until it's being repaired. Patience, my fello devs, patience!

Samuel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 11:58:44 AM »
i hope jean figure this out because this is a pain :-\