playMaker

Author Topic: Touch - global transition  (Read 2804 times)

mboog12

• Playmaker Newbie
Touch - global transition
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »
Hello everyone,
Sorry if this has been posted before, I've tried searching for similar threads but gave up after a couple of minutes.

Is there a reason why Touch object hasn't been added as a global transition?
I have a game where I've used Mouse Down as a global transition to see when i've clicked the object. Everything works as intended on the PC, but on the phone it simply does not fire the transition. I'm assuming MouseDown transition only detects the mouse. Is there any global transition that detects touches ?

Regards!

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
Re: Touch - global transition
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
Hello everyone,
Sorry if this has been posted before, I've tried searching for similar threads but gave up after a couple of minutes.

Is there a reason why Touch object hasn't been added as a global transition?
I have a game where I've used Mouse Down as a global transition to see when i've clicked the object. Everything works as intended on the PC, but on the phone it simply does not fire the transition. I'm assuming MouseDown transition only detects the mouse. Is there any global transition that detects touches ?

Regards!

On a smartphone you need to use "touch" actions.
If you look under "device" in the actions you find how to handle touch events.
Its is much better to handle the touch events, then Unity3D do.
That was my main reason to buy Playmaker in the first place.

mboog12

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:47:04 AM »
Cheers, and thanx for the fast reply :).

I have looked under Device action tab. The action I am interested in is "Touch Object Event". But I want to use this transition as a Global Transition. Do you know if that's possible?
Thank you!

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »
Cheers, and thanx for the fast reply :).

I have looked under Device action tab. The action I am interested in is "Touch Object Event". But I want to use this transition as a Global Transition. Do you know if that's possible?
Thank you!

im not sure.
I always put an FSM on the camera that handle the touch event.
That makes it always active and you can set global values that other FSM do check.
Maybe there is a better way, but I do find this work very well.
Also I do use normal mouse events so I can easy use the pc or the smartphone without to do any reprogramming.