playMaker

Author Topic: Spring Sale  (Read 1325 times)

deviruchi

• Playmaker Newbie
Spring Sale
« on: May 22, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »
I think I just missed out on the spring sale - I'm broke and need to be paid in a couple of weeks...

How often do these sales happen? I'm wondering if I should wait for the next one or not.

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
Re: Spring Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 12:03:53 PM »
Well apparently there is a "May Sale" right now…  ::)

In the past there were 2 big annual sales, one around the winter holidays and one in early-summer – that's just anecdotal. There may have been more.

Before that there was a 'daily deal' but – again, anecdotal – I think Unity got rid of it when it caused problems with asset creators. I'd like to think Unity also didn't want to become an impulse-buy shopping network….

Also, some asset creators routinely rotate their items with temporary drops in their product price (doesn't show up as a 'sale' item).

Anecdotal shopping strategy: very popular items will be discounted potentially a few times each year (it's part of the reason they are so 'popular'). Less popular items may never be discounted.

deviruchi

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Spring Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 04:36:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply and info. I take your point that there's no guarantees about when, so I'll just keep my eyes on the hutong shop for the time being.