playMaker

Author Topic: too many Scripting Define Symbols with Playmaker  (Read 987 times)

nightcorelv

• Playmaker Newbie
too many Scripting Define Symbols with Playmaker
« on: June 07, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
after installed Playmaker, the project filled with Playmaker symbols, it feels like this plugin is not well contructed, is there any plana i the future to remove them?

Thore

Re: too many Scripting Define Symbols with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 06:20:48 PM »
I remember finding them overkill at first start, too. But you can easily change this.

In the PlayMaker window at the bottom Preferences > General, in the section Components and Gizmos. I have both Draw PlayMaker Gizmos entries unticked.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: too many Scripting Define Symbols with Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 02:20:45 AM »
Hi,

the scripting define symbols you find in the player settings are critical, and to be fair with you, the more the better, I whish it was a mandatory requirement for any assets from the asset store to provide dedicated scripting define symboles so that third party could check easily for certain assets to be present in the project or not.

so no, scripting define symbols is very much necessary and tremendously helpful for developers in complex projects and for publishers to provide assets that can support other third party assets or unity features with no intervention from the final developer.

if you mean the visual icon you see in the scene view, that's not scripting define symbols, that's gyzmos and you can turn them off at will in the scene view gyzmos dropdown.

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean