playMaker

Author Topic: Photon 2 - Joining Random Room Failed (9 out of 10 times)  (Read 2410 times)

kavery

Photon 2 - Joining Random Room Failed (9 out of 10 times)
« on: June 08, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »
I can't figure out why it takes me many attempts to get a connection. I have two copies of the project (and instances of Unity) running on my machine. I connect to server and create a room. Then move to the other project, connect to server and join random room. But more times than not this fails. I make sure to wait until it connects to the master server before joining random room. I can't see any methodical order of operation that improves my odds.

Scenes are added to the build settings.

I attached a picture of the demo I'm using provided with playmaker photon.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:40:00 PM by kavery »

kavery

Re: Photon 2 - Joining Random Room Failed (9 out of 10 times)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 03:31:24 PM »
Is joining random room even the best way to connect? I just need 2 people in the same room so I can test. It takes me 10 minutes to finally connect just to test 1 thing.

kavery

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »
Connecting to a specific room name does work though.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 01:36:29 AM »
Hi,

random join depends on your game design, but in your case, I think you might several problems stacked together.

- are you in the same region? if not, you won't get into the same realm and players can't play together.

- how many rooms are currently opened when you ask for a random join, if you are only two players for this app id, and you are in the same region, then you will definitly joint the only room existing if you ask for join random.

so check your metrics and various pun data to make sure you are in the right environment and context for join random room to work.

Let me know your findings

Bye,

Jean