playMaker

Author Topic: Suddenly have problem with bool test and float compare  (Read 1154 times)

hoyoyo80

Suddenly have problem with bool test and float compare
« on: June 16, 2020, 04:38:45 AM »
Hi all,

lately my project behave kinda strange.Im using a lot of get fsm float and get fsm bool in my project,and right after these actions i use bool test and float compare.
But lately is kinda skip the bool test and compare go to next transition. Ive debug the fetch value and it return null.When i skip the test/compare the value is there.

Can i anyone confirm any strange issue?I use 2019.4 LTS or maybe i script my game wrong from the beginning(but it is from year 2019 yield no strange behaviour)

Thanks

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Suddenly have problem with bool test and float compare
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:26 AM »
Hi.
Can you show some images of your setup?

On the Ecosystem you can find actions like 'Fsm Bool Test' and Fsm int/float Compare.

do you have get fsm and test/compare in the same state?
if so, do you have sequence enabled?

Also are you using 'Finished' as one of the transitions?

hoyoyo80

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 12:48:50 AM »
Thanks bro for the concern. After several test, ive found that PM value test work great, my problem is delay update of value when using Get Property value from character controller, but it is tested before it can update. FYi, i dont use action sequence but but use check every frame.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 08:21:16 AM »
Hi.
Try to minimize using Get/Set Properties, maybe you can find some actions on the ecosystem for this.

Get/Set Properties uses mirroring and is slower than dedicated actions.
Also when making a build you might need to use Linker Wizards

and if your project is for a full game (not only for prototype)
I would suggest not to use character controller and build your own control system.

hoyoyo80

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »
Thanks for the advice, never know such limitation as said exist(the mirroring). I always have a thought on buying third party character controller and using get/set to mix it with PM. Luckily i just bought one.Thanks