playMaker

Author Topic: PinBall Game  (Read 2644 times)

davidflynn2

• Playmaker Newbie
PinBall Game
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
I am trying to set up a Pinball game using Unity3d and playmaker.  I have a white boxed table right now. I have box colliders on all the walls of the table and the board.  I have a Capsule Collider and a Ridigbody on the ball and a box collider on the paddles.  My problem lies in making the paddles cause the ball to fly back up the board toward the top after being hit by the paddles.

Sjones

Re: PinBall Game
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
im not sure this will work but set the physical material of the paddles to a high bounce setting.

davidflynn2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
Works some but not enough to make a pinball game.

derkoi

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
I've been thinking of making a pinball game.

I would of thought as long as your ball isn't too heavy and your paddles move quick enough it would work...  ???

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
Hi,

you will need to fiddle with the physics settings A LOT, so don't give up, it is possible. You will find few problems down the road.

you can't go to fast, else, your ball will go trhough colliders, if that's the case, you need to limit the ball speed and increase physics calulation steps to cover for that.

Have a look at the the marble game by m2h, I ported it in playmaker, and is a good start to start increasing the pace of the ball.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W936

bye,

Jean