playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker ecosystem crashes unity if used in conjunction with tutorialdesigner.  (Read 1510 times)

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
I have also posted this bug on the forum of tutorialdesigner (a unity plugin made by Rebound games).

In short: when I try to open the ecosystem I get an error regarding I guess the smartlocalisation used by tutorialdesigner.
I don't have a clue what goes wrong.
I get a DirectoryNotFoundException eventhough I can just find the path and the files that the ecosystem is snooping through.

More details about the bug at the forum of rebound games:
https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/topic/2459/unity-crashes-after-trying-and-failing-to-open-playmaker-ecosystem-because-of-tutorial-designer-how/2?lang=nl

Thanks in advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

It looks to me that you don't have the latest version or that you need to clean that folder.

- delete the net.fabrejean folder completly.
- reimport the latest version of the ecosystem

let me know if the problem is still here.

Bye,

Jean

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
Thank you for the quick response,
I have removed the net.fabrejean folder and reinstalled the ecosystem,
the system still freezes and unfortunately the error persists:

error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/Internal/ReorderableListResources.cs' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/IReorderableListAdaptor.cs' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/ReorderableListControl.cs' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/ReorderableListFlags.cs' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/SerializedPropertyAdaptor.cs' could not be found

Compilation failed: 5 error(s), 0 warnings

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
I now (after removing and reinstalling the ecosystem) get the error directly upon opening my project in Unity.
The playmaker menu(bar)item is also gone and I can obviously no longer run my game because of the compiler error.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

remove the net.fabrejean folder, and re open the project, if you still have errors, this is not due to the ecosystem browser. what error do you get then?

Bye,

Jean

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
Dear Jean,
That suggestion makes a lot of sense XD

And indeed I still get the same errors related to smartlocalisation. This time however independent of tutorialdesigner. 

How odd,
this honestly confuses me even more. Why did everything work just fine until I tried opening the ecosystem browser?

Anyways it seems the playmaker ecosystem didn't have much to do with it after all?

I will investigate this further with the people at rebound games,
thank you for your time, I really appreciate it !