playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Double Tap?  (Read 1315 times)

curb47

[SOLVED] Double Tap?
« on: July 18, 2020, 05:01:57 AM »
So, after all the complex stuff I've managed to achieve in Playmaker, I've hit a massive brick wall with something that should be really simple... the double tap.

I've got a simple set up - Z walk left, X walk right. I want to make it so a quick double tap on Z or X makes the character run instead of walk.

I've found a few 'solutions' on the internet, and a couple of suggestions on this forum, but I'm not getting it!

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:13:45 AM by curb47 »

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
Re: Double Tap?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 06:28:46 AM »
I was about to make a long reply detail how to make a double tap, but decided to make a video about it instead.
It'll go through how to make a double-tap FMS, that can send information about whether you're double tapping or not to another FSM.

curb47

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 01:33:06 AM »
Hi Nuff3,
That's amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, I'll try it now and back back to you.

curb47

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 02:14:06 AM »
Yes, all done and it works like a dream. Thanks again, I really struggled with the logic of the double tap set up, and you've really explained it clearly.

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 05:13:30 AM »
Yes, all done and it works like a dream. Thanks again, I really struggled with the logic of the double tap set up, and you've really explained it clearly.
No problem my dude, glad to help ;)

Remember to set your forum post as [Solved] if the problem you had has been solved.

curb47

Re: [SOLVED] Double Tap?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 05:52:11 AM »
Done.

I've got another problem on the horizon that kinda has the same issues. I'll continue with this tomorrow I have weekend stuff to do.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:54:38 AM by curb47 »