playMaker

Author Topic: odd behavior lost playmaker in menu  (Read 1149 times)

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
odd behavior lost playmaker in menu
« on: August 23, 2020, 10:35:26 PM »
I was doing some tutorials till realized that PM didnt have the itween so added them while in project via PM install menu in unity.

Either way the itween appeared in the asset menu within the PM action folder but did not appear in the action tab...

So i restarted unity and sisnce then unable to see PM in the menu bar but do see it in the assets with the itweens..

Help or what to do?

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: odd behavior lost playmaker in menu
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:54:23 PM »
I have a feeling it bugged as trying to reimport PM and says cant as already have it all imported :(

Is Unity this rough or its me... Trying to follow instructions to the T as i was able to do 2 things so far in PM which made me :) :) :)

Any wisdom on the issue above? Do i need recreate a totally new project and reinstall all the assets...

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 11:36:04 PM »
hmm odd made new project and there you go saw the itweens there within the actions... did install though before hand https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/itween-84

any wisdom be appreciated. thank you

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
anyone help me on this?

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 07:25:39 AM »
Check the CONSOLE window. Are there any red errors there?

Unity compiles ALL the scripts in your project when it starts. If it hits a major error, this process will stop and the remaining scripts won't compile (which might include UI panels, major functions of Unity, etc)

Sometime the Console will show errors and warnings that aren't showstoppers, and you will be able to hit the CLEAR button on the Console, but if CLEAR doesn't work, check the errors for clues about which script has killed the process.

If it can't be fixed, try deleting the script and see if Unity can continue.

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 07:40:38 AM »
first thank you for responding...

what if no error appears and just some reason PM vanished after trying to upload itweens? i mean sounds odd as its in the assets...

can unity be this fickle or its me as i didnt put any unwanted old assets (assuming here) everything is 2019+

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 08:57:56 AM »
If there are no errors... :o there's no way to know which script(s) is causing conflicts.

I don't know how far along you are (in general and this project in particular), but if you've done some updates on this project since starting it, there may be old (deprecated) code in the assets…. When in doubt, see if it (Unity, all assets) can be updated.

Often the 'fix' is just to remove the bad script. If it worked before, and you can retrace the steps you've done (what got installed/updated recently), maybe start with that?

Lots of things can go wrong in Unity since it's (always) a bunch of scripts written by dozens of different people who never met each other….

But also "Why has this project gone wrong???" is part of the normal learning curve of Unity. Try to keep projects small, and starting fresh is often better than surgery.

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 09:05:02 AM »
I'm not sure how the iTween actions are added….

It may be that you have downloaded PlayMaker actions for iTween, without downloading iTween itself… That would give you a folder full of scripts referencing other scripts that aren't in your project.

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 09:30:03 AM »
probably and that could of bugged i i think as i started a new project.. the Itweens actions properly appeared in the action bar...

While trying to add it before it didnt and thats when it went all crazy as i tried to figure out how to add it to my previous project.

I am learning but seems to me that playmaker or i should say unity is very touchy lol

Thanks but right now i realized that to add everything i need before starting a project lol or else possible BOOM