playMaker

Author Topic: [PUN2][SOLVED] Playmaker doesn't recognize Photon View component in 2019.3.2f1  (Read 1415 times)

Bipolar

• Junior Playmaker
Hi.

I write here because in the Slack channel to maintain it clean and avoid unquick questions, moreover, I thought some other could have the same problem.

Anyway, the fault is mine perhaps, I unpacked the prefab for a mistake, then I pressed CTRL + Z.

I regret of this: what happened is now Pun Instantiate says there's no Photon View component on the Player's root, but it is not, the component is attached!

In older versions of Unity, it didn't happen because there wasn't a severe/strict method, like the 2019's one, to modify the prefab.

Here's some screen.
Let me know.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:12:20 AM by Bipolar »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: [PUN2] Playmaker doesn't recognize Photon View component in 2019.3.2f1
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:11:44 AM »
Hi,

I think it's because you have now two prefab in the resources, with the same name and so it picks one randomly.

also, make sure you use a git repository, so that when you have such issue you can check exactly what has changed and revert easily.

Bye,

Jean

Bipolar

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 09:06:24 AM »
Hi Jean.

Nope, the prefab in resources is just one.

Moreover, I checked at runtime what Player game object is trying to spawn, and it is the only player object that exists in the project.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »
Hi,

- you can have multiple Resources folder scattered around ( you might know this, but just in case).

else, this is odd. I would also try to ask the question on photonengine forum, maybe there are some members that faced the same issue.

else, can you isolate the issue on a new project with just that prefab?

Bye,

Jean

Bipolar

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 06:51:07 PM »
I could.

But before that, I noticed the Photon view component modifies when I make its prefab or just by applying the changes.

Look at the pic.
Also by clicking on Apply changes, the Photon view component won't maintain those params.

I tried to remove unpacking the prefab and removing the original, then making it again. Nothing.

Of course anyway. I can try to move the prefab to another project with Playmaker actions and PUN2 installed... let's see what happens.

EDIT: I inserted the scenes and player prefab in a new project.
Now it works, what a relief...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:11:49 AM by Bipolar »