playMaker

Author Topic: Object React to Collision?[SOLVED]  (Read 2555 times)

cdillard

• Playmaker Newbie
Object React to Collision?[SOLVED]
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Hello all.

I'm new to playmaker and really Unity as well. I have a question on trying to get something to work. Something simple that evidently is beyond my grasp.

I have a game using simple move controller through Playmaker to control my character. He has a character controller (obviously) and a rigid body.

I have an object (simple debris) on the ground in front of him. This has a sphere collider and a rigid body.

I want the character to, when colliding with the debris, to move it in the direction it should go. Like kicking a can on the ground. Thats it. PLEEEEASE help. I have tried a lot of different things here (not really knowing 100% what im doing anyway) and nothing is working.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:50:12 AM by cdillard »

Lobohotpants

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Object React to Collision?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
Check out the Playmaker youtube channel.  There's a ton of useful info.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HutongGamesLLC

cdillard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
I've watched all of those, actually. Well, except the new(ish) ones about an AI system. I've learned enough to be able to set up a movement system, attack system with 4 different attacks as well as have the person you attack make animations according to which attack you do as well as a health and death system. I'm not extremely noobish. But this thing, I just can't seem to get. I don't know if it has to do with the mass on the rigid body or what it is. No matter what the mass is on either rigid body, the character just stops on the ground debris and wont push it. I know I can just change the layer settings on both to have him just walk through it but thats not what i want to do.

cdillard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
Alright, nevermind. I don't know how I was actually SUPPOSED to do it, but I made a cube, parented it to the pelvis, put a rigid body on it, no gravity, is Kinematic, and made it larger than the characters Collider. Put it to its own layer and to where it only interacts with the Debris layer. Works like a charm.

cdillard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »
I'm leaving this UNSOLVED in case someone has a better way.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 04:16:36 AM »
hi,

sounds like good to me your solution.

bye,

Jean