playMaker

Author Topic: Spawning Shiny Stuff... again...  (Read 667 times)

curb47

Spawning Shiny Stuff... again...
« on: October 12, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
Hello again...

Well, I'm making more problems for myself, and I have really hit a brick wall. I have no idea how to move forward now that I've tried various suggestions that kind of work but not quite, or do work in one regard but leave more questions than answers...

It's a simple premise - you destroy an alien and it spawns a load of shiny stuff (pooled prefabs) that explodes outwards and that you can fly through and pick up.

I've been battling with this for a couple of weeks now and I've reached a point where I really need my hand held and guided through this. I've searched high and low for Youtube tutorials, but I can't find anything that helps.

This is what I've got at the moment, a prefab containing 10 stars (ShinyStuff10) which is spawned from the alien FSM when the alien is destroyed.

On the ShinyStuff10 'container' I have this arrangement, which works, and I have the Stars moving exactly how I'd like them to move.

Add it looks like this...

The problem now, is that the 'detach children' action on the ShinyStuff10 container does just that, and the pooled objects stay detached after they are picked up, or destroyed by pooler destroy self, so the next spawn does not work.

I'm thinking I need to look at Arrays again, and not have the 'container', but I get confused as I can't think where the Explosion action goes. Or maybe I don't need to 'detach children'? But how do I get the 'container' to 'destroy self' without destroying all the Stars that are children of it?

If I use Arrays, how do I form the shape of the formation of the stars, so they spawn around an object that has the Explosion action on it, rather than all the stars spawning at exactly the same point/vertex, on top of each other?

Perhaps I make one array for a load of spawn points, then another array of the stars that look at the first array for the position value?

I'd really like to learn how to use arrays in this context if it leads to a the result. Like i said, I've watched various Youtube videos on arrays but I simply can't make the connection between what I'm watching and what I want to do.

I'm genuinely stumped and have really ground to a halt with my game over this.

djaydino, and jeanfabre, I know you guys must be very busy, and you've both helped me so much over the last months, but could I ask you to guide me through this please?

If you want some $$$ for your time, I'm sure we could come to an agreement and I can paypal some money to you.

I really want to get this done so I can finally move on and re-work all the graphics, and design elements.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 03:18:02 PM by curb47 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Spawning Shiny Stuff... again...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 04:55:20 PM »
Hi.
You could have the shiny stuff 10 setup with 10 empty object for spawn position instead of the stars itself.
Then on the shiny stuff 10 fsm, spawn the stars on each spawn position.