playMaker

Author Topic: Bug in Create Object action?  (Read 717 times)

MlleBun

• Playmaker Newbie
Bug in Create Object action?
« on: October 25, 2020, 06:39:58 AM »
Hi,

I create a new game object at a bone location whenether I trigger an event function on my animation.

In State A -> I wait for the event to be called. This triggers a bool to true. Thus, I transit to State B with a bool test action.
In State B -> I use Create Object on my Spawn Point and store the result in a vector3 SourcePosition. When finished, I go back to State A and wait for another event trigger.

The game objects are being spawned at the event, no problem. But their y-axis are random. Most of the time, it's as the Spawn Point, but at other time, it's either 0 or negative. Is this a known bug?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Bug in Create Object action?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
Hi.
so far i have not heard of issues with this.

Maybe you can show your fsm setup

LuminRabbit

• Lumin Rabbit
Re: Bug in Create Object action?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 06:25:44 PM »
Could use some more details to be able to assist.

Are you using Spawn Point and Position (If so the position is used as a local offset, I usually only use one or the other (I haven't tried using both together)).

Also if you are placing it on a bone you may need to position and rotate the object to the way you want it to appear (maybe during runtime?) once you have it the way you want copy the position and rotation (xyz), then use create object at that position or put the transform there with the copied position and rotation.

Does the desired location match the Vector3 stored position?

I haven't had any issues with the Create Object Action. Write back if you are still having difficulties.

Have I said how much I love playmaker!!! This is one amazing tool