playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker changing variables in prefabs at will, can't change them back  (Read 670 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Hi!

I have a major issue. Playmaker are changing some variables in some FSMs to random other global variables. This is very very stressful because we actually use Playmaker in our real project and we where counting on it to work!

This happens every know and then and usually I can delete the instance of the prefab and change the variable in the original prefab, then re-add it to the scene. However, I now have a similar issue but I can't change the variable back to the correct on!

If I enter prefab mode the correct variable is set but in the scene it magically swaps it out to another, the only way I can get it correct is if I click "edit instance" and manually change the instance to the same as the prefab has! The problem is that there are ALOT of these prefabs in ALOT of different scenes.

Before I heard that this could be related to Playmaker and Unity Collab but now we just use Git and unity.

What should I do?? Is this a know issue? We are freaking out and really need an answer on what to do!

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: Playmaker changing variables in prefabs at will, can't change them back
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
Okey, we could revert in some way so the issue is not here for now. But would still love to know why stuff like that happens? I've read that global variables could make stuff like that happen and they should be avoided at all costs, is this true?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker changing variables in prefabs at will, can't change them back
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 02:05:56 PM »
Are you in the PlayMaker Beta Group? I'll PM you.