playMaker

Author Topic: Taking advantage of the Job system  (Read 1168 times)

Mupp

Taking advantage of the Job system
« on: December 25, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
Is it possible to use the Unit Job system with Playmaker?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Taking advantage of the Job system
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 09:37:08 AM »
Hi.
Theoretical yes, but you need to make your own custom actions.

Mupp

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 11:30:30 AM »
I think that's way beyond my skills. Will this be officially supported in the future?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 07:13:16 AM »
Hi.
I don't think there much request for this.

What would you use it for ?

Maybe better to make (or let someone make) a script for the part that you want to use it and you can make  (or let someone make) custom actions to trigger the script.

Mupp

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
Nothing right now, just curious about the future and how it can give new options.

If I understand correctly it would help with huge amount of calculations so I had some ideas with raycasts and creating/moving huge amounts of objects.

Also if it helps with performance in any way, it would make it useful just for that, so I figured I ask what Playmakers plans are. You're not gonna leave this feature unusable right?

DanielJefferson

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 07:44:51 PM »
I was working on a game project that required some heavy-duty performance optimization. Playmaker was fantastic for managing game logic, but to tackle the performance issues, we turned to Unity's Job system.
At first, integrating the two seemed a bit daunting, but with some experimentation and a few late-night coding sessions, we got it to work seamlessly. The Job system allowed us to parallelize tasks, optimizing our game's performance significantly.
So, dive into the Unity documentation and experiment with small tasks, and you'll unlock a world of possibilities. And hey, if you're in the tech job market, consider checking out https://huntly.ai/.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:25:41 PM by DanielJefferson »