playMaker

Author Topic: exporting & importing globals  (Read 1084 times)

Sjones

exporting & importing globals
« on: January 07, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »
I have been trying to upgrade my project from unity 5.6.1 & PM 1.9.0.p4  - to - unity 2021.1 & PM 1.9.0.P21.

I got most of it working however I am currently trying to move the globals from the old version of unity and PM to the latest. it looks like the export works fine, however when importing them unity gives an error "no globals to import" console shows the following
Code: [Select]
Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportPackage (string,bool)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.GlobalsAsset:Import () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/GlobalsAsset.cs:63)
PlayMakerMainMenu:ImportGlobals () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerMainMenu.cs:215)

Code: [Select]
Importing Globals...
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.GlobalsAsset:DoImport () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/GlobalsAsset.cs:80)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

The path doesnt actually relate to my project so is this the issue?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: exporting & importing globals
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »
The path is just the debug info embedded in the dll, showing the original source file.

If you're not trying to merge globals from 2 different projects you should be able to just copy the PlayMakerGlobals asset to the new project.

Importing is needed when you're trying to merge globals from another project, keeping the globals from both projects.

I also got your bug report and will investigate...

Sjones

Re: exporting & importing globals
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »
thanks for the update, I will just copy them over as you suggested, the import was into a new project with no globals at that point. so your work around should work