playMaker

Author Topic: Easy Save - quick question  (Read 792 times)

curb47

Easy Save - quick question
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:57:07 AM »
Hell there,

I hope you're all well.

I've been looking at Easy Save, and it appears to have a function that can save/store game objects and the Transform data.

This is the scenario - In my game you pilot a little short range fighter spaceship, but are dependant on a mothership orbiting in space for things like upgrading weapons, asset management etc.

When you dock into the mothership it loads a new scene, the mothership interior. This scene is NOT an additive scene.

If you're whizzing around in the fighter ship and a load on enemies spawn, and you take damage, or the mothership is damaged, you can dock with the mothership mid-battle so replenish health, fix the mothership etc. This loads the mothership scene.

The way the game is at the moment, when you exit the mothership, and launch your fighter spaceship, all the the enemies that you were fighting are gone because the game re-loads the gameplay scene.

Am i right in thinking that Easy Save can save all the positions and variables of the enemies, so when you exit the mothership the battle can continue from where you left it?

If that's the case, that would be AWESOME!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:27:05 AM by curb47 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Easy Save - quick question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:22:55 AM »
Hi.
its best to ask to the author (moodkie)
or on its forum.

https://moodkie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

curb47