playMaker

Author Topic: Move Towards - Fixed Update Issue [SOLVED]  (Read 704 times)

curb47

Move Towards - Fixed Update Issue [SOLVED]
« on: January 20, 2021, 01:03:16 AM »
Hello,

I'm returning to an old problem that I never quite fixed. My game uses the 3D physics engine, in a 2.5D game environment, with forces, rigid body etc.

Some of the collectable items (Health Orbs, Energy Orbs) spawn at a location and Move Towards the play spaceship. These Orbs are not Rigid Body, therefore do not use the physics engine, so require a Fixed Update to make the movement smooth.

Playmaker adds a Fixed Update component to the object, but it's not giving very good results, it's still quite jittery. I was wondering if there's a 'Move Towards Advanced' type action, or any action I could add that will fix this?

Id had a similar issue with my camera movement a while ago, and I discovered the Get/Set Position Advanced actions on the Ecosystem which have worked brilliantly, so the solution is out there somewhere, right?

I've experimented with removing the Fixed Update component that was added, then adding it again manually, but that didn't make any difference, obviously.

It would be awesome to have a Move Towards Advanced action, or maybe there's a different combo of actions I can use, that utilises the Set Position Advanced action, that will give the same results?

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 02:02:43 AM by curb47 »

curb47

Re: Move Towards - Fixed Update Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 02:02:10 AM »
Okay, scratch that -

"Mmm... Perhaps 'Move Towards Advanced' already exists on the ecosystem?"

* searches ecosystem *

Boom! It works perfectly! Thank you!