playMaker

Author Topic: Datamaker 'Xml Select Nodes' LayoutGroup.repaint errors  (Read 709 times)

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
Datamaker 'Xml Select Nodes' LayoutGroup.repaint errors
« on: January 20, 2021, 10:11:50 AM »
Getting a lot of "LayoutGroup.repaint" and "LayoutGroup.ExecuteCommand" every time I click on the state with the 'Xml Select Nodes' action when it's set to 'Use Variable' and have a variable selected.

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption ... etc etc etc
and
ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.ExecuteCommand
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption ... etc etc etc

I can't properly work with the action because every change I make, say typing in the 'store reference' or by just clicking on the state itself, will result in an immediate ~1 second refresh of the whole FMS window, and the console spammed with one of those errors each time.

Is this normal?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Datamaker 'Xml Select Nodes' LayoutGroup.repaint errors
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 06:59:47 AM »
Hi,

It's unfortunatly one aspect I could never fixed, you can't use a variable for the reference.

Can you try on a fresh project, just that action and see if it renders the ui correctly?

Bye,

Jean

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
Re: Datamaker 'Xml Select Nodes' LayoutGroup.repaint errors
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 07:20:32 AM »
Hi,

It's unfortunatly one aspect I could never fixed, you can't use a variable for the reference.

Can you try on a fresh project, just that action and see if it renders the ui correctly?

Bye,

Jean

Well, it works just fine, but it's annoying that it keeps "refreshing" the whole Playmaker Editor window when I click on it or make adjustments to the actions properties.

One way I can avoid it, is to deselect the variable option while making adjustments, then select the variable once I've made all the adjustments I wanted.
And it works like a charm with the variable I generate on the fly.

I kinda need it for a level editor I'm making, where I store all the level data in an XML file, and then read and loop through it during my 'level loading' to spawn all the prefabs.
And since I want to have it be read from a file with a defined name, and not something I 'drag and drop' into the action, I kinda need the variable option.