playMaker

Author Topic: Help with custom actions (particularly vectrosity)  (Read 8098 times)

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
Help with custom actions (particularly vectrosity)
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm new to playmaker, and I'm really liking it so far! Absolutely excellent.

I have a little question though...
I've been looking around, but seemingly in the wrong places, as I can't figure out how to make the vectrosity custom actions package available.

I have vectrosity imported into my project, along with playmaker of course, and I've imported VectrosityCustomActions.unitypackage as well.

However, I can't see any of the actions appearing in the action browser?
Is there anything specific I need to do to make them available?

Thanks for any help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Help with custom actions (particularly vectrosity)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:02:17 AM »
Hi,

ok, first, do you have a "PlayMaker Vectrosity" folder in your projects view, and does it contains files?

if yes, then you should see them listed under "Vectrosity" in your actions browser. There is a search field at the top of the browser, use that and type "Vectro" this will narrow down the list to all the vectrosity actions.

bye,

Jean

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 01:08:30 AM »
Hi Jean.

I'll have to check tonight (I'm at work now), but after I've had a look I'll let you know.
Thanks for your help.

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »
Alrighty, I've just had another try.

I've imported the Vectrosity package, and then the VectrosityCustomActions package after that.
I do get a Playmaker Vectrosity folder in the project pane, and it does contain files.
However, I don't get any vectrosity actions in the action browser.

What's even stranger though is that if I close Unity, and then reopen it, I no longer have the Playmaker menu (even though Playmaker is in the project pane), and all my panes have reset to default positions!

Deleting VectrosityCustomActions and then restarting Unity restores the Playmaker menu, but the default pane positions remain.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:41:32 AM by poppichicken »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:59:16 AM »
hi,

Make sure you do not have any error in the console, if so, layout instanciation and playmaker do not play nice.

bye,

Jean

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »
Ah yes, come to think of it there was an error in the console, though I couldn't make any sense of what it was about. I'll try to figure it out tonight.

Thanks Jean.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
Hi,

copy and paste the error you get, that will allow to give you possible instructions.

bye,

Jean

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
Hi Jean.

Here is the list of errors I am getting:

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityDrawWithTransform.cs(19,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityMakeCircle.cs(47,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityMakeEllipse.cs(49,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityMakeRect.cs(43,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityMakeText.cs(52,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrositySetLine.cs(24,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrositySetRay.cs(26,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityVector2Line.cs(35,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Includes/VectrosityProxy.cs(22,48): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Includes/VectrosityProxy.cs(45,66): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorPoints' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Includes/VectrosityProxy.cs(67,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Includes/VectrosityVectorLineProxy.cs(13,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Includes/VectrosityVectorLineProxy.cs(8,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VectorLine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 03:13:28 AM »
Hi,

it looks like you don't have vectrosity installed. Is that correct?

bye,

Jean

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
I do have vectrosity installed. I have it drawing a line across my scene.

I'm not too worried if I can't get vectrosity working with playmaker, as I am actually a coder anyway and vectrosity is very easy to use.

If this proves difficult to solve, it's no problem - I'm happy to continue just using unityscript for my vectrosity requirements.
 :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 02:29:13 AM »
Hi,

ok, this is odd then, I have contacted Eric to see if I can get an update ( I bought it from his site on the asset store, and I can't find a way to update).

I have "Version 2.0.1" on this VectorLine. What version do you have?

His last update might have changed things, tho that would be a surprise to me..

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 02:39:34 AM »
ok,

so , yes I can confirm that an update is needed, as the latest Vectrosity implies a new namespace.

so if you are indeed scripting, simply update the actions to match the vectrosity requirements

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/49941-Vectrosity-fast-and-easy-line-drawing/page68

meanwhile, I'll try to get that vectrosity latest update, and will provide a update of the actions on the wiki.

bye,

Jean

poppichicken

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »
Hi Jean.

I have version 2.1, which I believe is the latest version.

[EDIT] I've gone through the scripts in the Playmaker Vectrosity folder, and I've added
using Vectrosity;
to each one.

I saved everything, exited Unity, reloaded it, and now there are no errors in the console, and I have a Vectrosity section in the action browser! I can now draw lines using playmaker actions. Excellent!

Thanks for all your help with this!  :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:20:49 AM by poppichicken »