playMaker

Author Topic: Moving Platform Issue[SOLVED]  (Read 878 times)

misterjuly

Moving Platform Issue[SOLVED]
« on: February 02, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
Hello,

I have implemented a moving platform following this tutorial (great video by the way)

But I have a slight problem. When I walk on the moving platform, my character jitters. It doesn't happen when my character or the platform is still, just when my character and the platform is moving at the same time. I tried to make the friction 0 on both the character and the platform, but it didn't work. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:19:58 PM by djaydino »

curb47

Re: Moving Platform Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »
It's probably an Update issue. If you have any Get/Set Position actions going on, try using Get/Set Position Advanced, and set the update to Fixed.

Or something like that.

misterjuly

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 09:05:43 AM »
Except I don't use get/set property. Heres the FSM. I start with a move object in the first FSM, then a wait in the second, then another move object in the third, then another wait in the fourth and it just cycles through that. The targets are how it knows where to move. Any other thoughts considering the setup? Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 10:06:16 AM »
Hi.
The issue probably is that the move object is handled in update and not in fixed update.

Maybe try using 'Tween Position' instead. and set Update Type to Fixed Update

If you don't have the action you can find it here :
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1714

or update to the latest PM version. (Always backup your project when updating!)

misterjuly

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »
I figured it out. Turns out, it was the friction, just didn't apply it to the right places. Thanks!