playMaker

Author Topic: F1 Hints list (not really a bug but...)  (Read 881 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
F1 Hints list (not really a bug but...)
« on: February 08, 2021, 04:58:57 AM »
Talking about shortcuts, did you notice that the F1 Hints list has been "disordered"? It's been like this for ages.
The list has two columns, column 1 for the function, column 2 for the shortcut.
Column 1's first line has a blank space or return line, so the commands and functions don't line up properly. That or the second column has an extra entry and I think that's the real problem because the last shortcut, move selected transition, is not described with CMD up/down but with two lines.

Here's also other comments on some of the commands.

• Add Transition State: what does it do? what is a "transition state?"
  • Quick delete: there's nothing quick about it because you're prompted about deleting this state Y/N.
  • Snap to grid: it's actually on by default and the shortcut is more like unconstrained placement.
  • Constrain drag: the constraint axis is horizontal by default, it's also defined by the last direction used before pressing SHIFT. Perhaps this should recognize both horizontal and vertical axises immediately?
  • Move selected transition: this one started to have a bug in the last updates. Previously it was possible to move a transition up or down but now the transition gets being deselected after each move.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: F1 Hints list (not really a bug but...)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 01:06:01 PM »
Ahhh, the offset bug is osx only. I use windows primarily so hadn't noticed it. Thanks for letting me know!

Add Transition State: If you hold down ctrl/cmd while dragging a link from a transition, it will create a new state when you stop dragging.

Quick Delete: I can remove the check. Or better yet use the new opt-out dialog in 2019.+

Snap To Grid: This temporarily reverses the snap mode. So if snap is off it snaps to grid. If snap is on it allows you to move freely. Maybe it should be called Snap Override.

Constrain Drag: It should pick the dominant direction when you start dragging. But it might need some tweaking.

Move Selected Transition: I'm not seeing this bug here. Maybe its osx only. I'll check.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: F1 Hints list (not really a bug but...)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »
Yes I should mention that I'm on MacOS 14+.