playMaker

Author Topic: FSM Variable Output <SOLVED>  (Read 1709 times)

ch1ky3n

FSM Variable Output <SOLVED>
« on: February 12, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
I fully understand what is input in the variable tab, but could someone enlighten me on what is the example of practical use of Output?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:37:51 PM by ch1ky3n »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: FSM Variable Output
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »
Right now Output variables are most useful in Templates run with the Run FSM action. Output variables will show up in the Run FSM UI and can be hooked up to local variables in the FSM. So a template can take some Inputs, do a bunch of work, and Output some values. It makes Templates more powerful and modular.

We will have some new docs to explain this better soon! And there are other ways Output variables will be used in the future...

ch1ky3n

Re: FSM Variable Output
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 02:37:33 PM »
alright, Alex, I've been playing around with it for a bit and starting to get it now, thx

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: FSM Variable Output <SOLVED>
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »
Great! It is a new feature, so let me know if there are ways it could work better, or If you run into problems.

Christoph

• Beta Group
Re: FSM Variable Output <SOLVED>
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »
Is the new documentation already available? I'm trying to understand both, templates and inputs/outputs. I'm trying to have one FSM on hundreds of level prefabs that use individual variables (in a c# script it would be a public variable).

Do I do this with templates and inputs variables?