playMaker

Author Topic: I can't drag actions out of their state in templates. Is this normal?  (Read 1137 times)

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
Hi there,

Sometimes I drag one or more selected actions from a cluttered state, to create another one with them. Or I just move an action from one state to another. It's a pretty useful QoL feature of PM.

But it seems I can't do that while editing templates... and I'm not sure if I never could, or something happened that is preventing me from doing so now.

So, is it supposed to be possible with templates? Or did I break something?

And, if it's not possible, would there be a chance to make it so in a future update?

Thank you.
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: I can't drag actions out of their state in templates. Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »
Hi.
Are you using shortcuts?

Ctrl(cmd)+X Ctrl(cmd)+v

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 05:14:26 PM »
I just checked here and I was able to drag Actions out of a State onto the canvas in a Template. Are you using the latest 1.9.1 version?

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »
Hi, and thanks for your replies.

Are you using shortcuts?

Sometimes, but I prefer to drag them out of the state, to create another one. It just seems more convenient.

I just checked here and I was able to drag Actions out of a State onto the canvas in a Template. Are you using the latest 1.9.1 version?

Nope. I'm still with the 1.9.0 version of my signature. Last time I tried to upgrade it broke some things, so I was waiting until I had time to troubleshoot properly.

Well, if it's supposed to work then I'll upgrade and see if it fixes this issue at least, before returning to you guys.

Thanks!
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »
If updating breaks your project it would help us a lot if you're able to share the project (pre-update) - so we can see what's breaking and test a fix. Let me know how the update goes!